Swim Lessons - Fall
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
American Red Cross Swim Levels Preschool - III will be offered to boys and girls, age 3 and over at the EA High School pool.
Classes are on Saturday afternoons 11:30-12:00, 12:05-12:35, or 12:40-1:10.
- American Red Cross Swim Level Descriptions
- Level I: There are no pre-requisites for this course. The objective of Level I is to help students feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. They will learn good attitudes, safe practices around the water, following directions and exploring movements in the water in a fun atmosphere.
- Level II: Students entering this course must have Level I or must be able to demonstrate those skills. Students will learn to float without support and to recover to a vertical position. This level is the beginning of true locomotion skills. Students explore simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back to lay the foundation for future strokes.
- Level III: Students entering this course must have Level II or must be able to demonstrate those skills. Students will learn to coordinate the front and back crawl. They wil learn elements of the butterfly and treading water. Students will also learn the rules for headfirst entries and will learn to enter the water headfirst from the side of the pool.
- Level IV: Students entering this course must have Level III or must be able to demonstrate those skills. In this level, students will develop confidence in the stokes learned so far and improve other aquatic skills. Students will improve their skills and increase their endurance by swimming familiar strokes for greater distances. They will continue to build on the butterfly and will be introduced to the elementary backstroke, breaststroke and elements of the sidestroke. Basics of turning at the wall are also introduced.